Friday, June 21, 2013

Favorite Things #1: Thrift Stores

Okay, I cannot take full credit for this post! I have a friend and colleague that started posting her favorite things, so I too jumped on the bandwagon! Check her blog out as well, M* Print.

As with her favorite things, will cost no more than $20 and most are free.

Well I like to get a GREAT DEAL. Ever once in a while, I will go to the local thrift stores and go through their book section. Most, if not all, thrift stores have a cheap book section. Now I do not always find a book that I can use or want, but some times I get lucky and find the deal of the week or month.



Today is Friday, June 21, 2013 and I went to the local thrift store in Chilhowie. It is a Goodwill (I am currently humming the song, you know that song). If you are lucky, you can find a lot of good deals. This week anything that had a red dot on it was half off. So, I found a Trig book that cost 1.47 and it was red dot special, 77 cents! Today was a good day for thrift shopping in the book section.

We as teachers should have a small collection of books at our disposable to give students some thing to read once they are finished with their assignments or extra resources for when the internet, supplied books and materials, and other teachers can no longer provide examples and problems.

ESTIMATED COST: $0.45 to $1.47 at my local Goodwill


1 comment:

  1. "I'm gonna pop some tags, only got twenty dollars in my pocket . . ." I did some yard sale shopping today, but didn't find any "teacher stuff."

    ReplyDelete